The Lithuanian Demolition Association has become the latest national member of the European Demolition Association (EDA).
Established in January, it was set up to bring together demolition professionals, construction scrap collectors, recyclers and other companies involved with demolition industry in the Baltic country. It has seven members and its goal is “to grow into a strong and effective association with new members and partners”. Rokas Urbonas was elected as the first chairman of the association, which is based in the city of Palanga.
The goals and objectives of the Lithuanian Demolition Association are:
- To improve the business conditions of the demolition sector, construction waste (scrap) collection, recycling and recycled building materials ready for re-use, to improve the quality of production of recycled and ready-to-use materials from construction waste
- To increase competitiveness, demolition, construction waste, business development and job creation in the collection, recycling sector
- To promote the export of demolition services
- To develop and maintain economic relations with foreign companies and organisations
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of Lithuanian demolition and construction waste (scrap) collection, recycling and recycled construction waste (scrap) strategic documents for the development of the materials sector ready for reuse.
The EDA, an international media partner of D&Ri, was founded in 1978 and is the European platform for national demolition associations, demolition contractors and suppliers.