An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Office Manager to join the team at the National Federation of Demolition Contractors (NFDC) – the longest-established and leading demolition industry trade association.
The Office Manager role will take on responsibility for the smooth and seamless day-to-day running of the NFDC office. This newly created position will encompass a wide scope of work and is expected to evolve over time.
This is a permanent, full-time, Hemel Hempstead office-based role and is subject to the successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
This role reports to the Company Secretary, connects to the CEO where required and liaises with Departnental Managers as required.
To apply, please send a current CV and a paragraph describing why you’re interested in the role to: email@example.com
- Previous experience of office management is essential.
- Previous experience in Human Resources would be an advantage, but is not essential as training and support will be given.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy – Office suite, databases
- Time management
- Versatility, Flexibility and patience!
- Strong organisation skills
- Attention to detail
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Office Management:
- Supervise the NFDC Administrator Team, including delegating work, monitoring quality, motivating and coordinating team to ensure maximum productivity.
- Handle all building and supplier maintenance, including but not limited to; IT, Phones, Fire Drills, First Aid, Utilities, Cleaner, general repairs
- Oversee and authorise Purchase Orders for office equipment and day-to-day minor expenditures
- Continual ISO Accreditation Audit/compliance/internal office audits
- Ensure policy documents are kept updated
- Ensure SSIP / NFDC site audit compliance.
- Oversee systems maintenance, correct usage and upgrades ensuring systems are fit for purpose.
- Federation Meeting Preparations and Follow Up:
- Manage and support the NFDC Administration team with; Calendar and venue management for official meetings and social functions, support and preparation of official papers, assigning of action items following official meetings.
- Membership Administration and Satisfaction:
- Build positive relationships with the membership
- Address any concerns and ensure satisfactory outcomes
- Oversee all aspects of the member experience
- Maintain member data – including but not limited to; Annual Declarations, Contact information, Insurance Expiry dates, Yearbook Directory Entries, Compliance Status.
- Human Resources:
- Basic day-to-day HR for full staff (currently 16 employees) incorporating; holiday approvals, managing sickness, annual performance appraisals, training, handling of day-to-day issues, occasional writing of job descriptions and initial liaison with recruitment firms as required.
- Access to an external HR specialist is available for escalated issues and general advice.